Thursday, June 24, 2004

I moved away a while back and I miss me...

A while back I packed some bags and sent myself packing.
I packed away some pieces of me;
those parts that are like little children.
They might say the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Very inappropriate.

But today I realized that I miss me.
Predictability isn't worth what I paid for it.
I think I'd rather blow bubbles or skip.
Maybe I'll say the words that are in my head out loud.

It takes a long time to grow young.
Picasso says so.
I want to put away my 'inside voice' and
talk about important things like
what I want to be when I grow up.

So, when I come to your house and knock
and keep knocking and yell inside the
screen door of your heart,
please come out and play with me.
Because, you see, forever is not long enough
to do all of the playing we need to do.





No comments: