Wednesday, June 30, 2004

If life were only as easy as the GAME OF LIFE...

I recently told someone that love and sex, let's face it, every aspect of every relationship, is susceptible to game playing. The planned out move or the cunning plan of attack can either be either good or bad. Often the tipping point is the selflessness and otherness ratio that is exhibited.

I like games when their is intrigue and fair play. I hate games equally when I play against someone who is out to win at all cost. Blood is the payment they require. I've been there and don't want to play games with those types of people any more than I have to.

The hard part about life and relationship is that there isn't a universal rule book. The rules change as quickly as thoughts and feelings change. One moment it's move ahead three spaces and the next moment you're in jail or you lose a turn. The lack of rules can also be the most fulfilling part of life. It's what shows us what we are made of. I'd rather be ruled by passion and desire than following any prescribed set of rules. It's what makes me feel alive. If any rule were to be followed it would have to be to love other as yourself and look for and desire good in others. Everyone wins.

No comments: